Free Consultation Call

Without the right legal advice, property disputes can be lengthy and expensive to resolve.

We have advised local and international clients on landlord and tenant disputes for residential and commercial properties in England and Wales. We will help you find the right solution for your property dispute and put strategies in place to avoid problems in the future.

Do you need help with a Property Dispute? Book a Free Consultation Call by calling 0208 185 0990

How Can Our Property Disputes Solicitor Help?

Our experienced property disputes solicitor can help you whether you are a homeowner in dispute with your partner, a landlord or a tenant dispute of a residential or commercial property and more.

Our Legal Director, Mr. Usman Anwar, will provide you with practical and ‘jargon free’ advice.  Our breadth of experience within property disputes means that you will receive the necessary support and speed to resolve the property dispute.

We will always strive to find the most practical solution for your particular issues, and encourage mediation/ alternative dispute resolution to reach settlement.

Our Property Disputes Services

Our property disputes solicitor has extensive experience in dealing with all types of property disputes. These disputes include:

The Anwar Legal Approach

We focus on resolving property disputes in the most cost efficient way possible. We will always explore resolution thoroughly by way of negotiation, a mediation or alternative dispute resolution.

Where settlement of the business dispute is unlikely, our experienced Dispute Solicitor will be on hand to represent your business in court. A more detailed cost estimate will be provided of the estimated fees which includes Court Fee, Barrister’s Fees and Expert Fees.

We can offer both landlords and tenants a legal service, on a fixed fee basis, to give you clarity on legal costs from the start to the end of the dispute.

Contact Us

You can contact the team at Anwar Legal to discuss starting or defending a property dispute. You can complete the Contact Us Form or email us on

Still not convinced? Read some of our property client’s success stories and testimonials on how Anwar Legal settled their property dispute.


If you own a property with your ex-partner, and you have failed to reach an agreement about the sale of the property, then it is best to seek legal advice on how to sell the property. The Court has a wide range of powers and can make an order that either one party buys the other party’s share in the property (at market value), or the property is advertised for sale using an estate agent. Often the Court will punish the uncooperative party by making them pay the other party’s legal costs.

Such property ownership disputes are regulated by the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996. Anwar Legal can help guide you through this process, whether you are defending or fighting for your rights in a property ownership dispute.

If the commercial tenant is breaching terms of a lease you should consider serving notice in accordance with section 146 of the Law of Property Act 1925 – save for cases involving rent arrears.

Your notice should clearly explain (i) the wording of the clause in the lease and how the tenant is breaching the particular clause(s) (ii) a reasonable timeframe for the tenant to remedy the breach (if it is capable of remedy) (iii) amount of compensation the tenant needs to pay for committing the breach. The notice must be prepared, and served, in accordance with the lease.

If the tenant fails to remedy the breaches, within the timeframe provided in the notice, then the landlord may be able to forfeit the lease by peacefully re-entering the premises.

If you have received a notice under Section 25 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 then your Commercial Landlord does not want to renew the Lease. The S25 Notice must provide a 6 month notice period and cannot expire before the end of the Lease.

Your landlord can rely on a number of ground(s) to refuse a new Lease which are: (a): failure to repair and maintain the premises (b) persistent rent arrears (c) other substantial breaches of the Lease (d) alternative accommodation has been offered (e) where part-letting, and higher rent can be obtained from renting the whole premises (f) landlord’s intention to demolish or reconstruct the premises which cannot be done without obtaining possession (g) landlord’s intention to occupy the premises for his own business or as a residence. A tenant may be able to receive compensation if the landlord relies upon grounds e, f and g above.

If a new lease is not agreed, then an application must be made before the end of the 6 month period. If no application is made before the date specified in the S25 notice then the tenant will lose their right to a renewal lease and will have no right to remain in occupation of the property.